stats

Sunday 27 April 2014

The Last Echo - Kimberly Derting Review

The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
Published: 2012
Pages: 358


Description:
Before, Violet's morbid ability to sense the dead led her to uncover dark murders and long-buried secrets in her small town. Now that she's working with a special investigative team, Violet hopes she can help even more people - whether by saving a life or catching a killer.

Although she's relieved to finally be honest about what she can do, her instant connection with her mysterious partner, Rafe, is both confusing and unsettling and their unique bond creates tension with her boyfriend, Jay. When she discovers the body of a college student murdered by "the collector", Violet refuses to give up on the case. With her own relationship on the line, Violet doesn't realise that the serial killer is looking to add to his collection and that she may have caught his eye.

Review
Storyline - The theme is the same, there is a murderer on the lose and Violet is asked to help catch the killer, only this time the killer is after her. It was a good story but with these books I felt it was just being recycled.

Characters - Most of the characters in this book have appeared in the previous books with the exception of a few new people like Rafe & Gemma to name a few. They are both like Violet with special abilities. Rafe is quite likeable but has feelings for Violet which could threat Jay and Violets relationship. Gemma on the other hand isn't so likeable she is stuck up and gets on everyone's nerves.

Ending: The ending was a good one and left me in suspense over how it would end, it's not looking good for one character and will change their life forever and not in a good way. I can't wait for the till book.

Overall: When I read the first book a long time ago, I was very quickly hooked and then time quickly past by & I totally forgot about this series until I stumbled upon it again on Goodreads and am gutted it's taken me so long to continue with this series. 

My Rating: 5/5
Would I recommend?: Yes. YA's would very much enjoy them. Including people that enjoyed 'The Harper Connelly Series' by Charlaine Harris.

FTC: I purchased this book with my own money. My opinion is my own and 100% honest. Description is from Goodreads & Image is from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment