stats

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Matched #1 Book Review

Hey lovelies

I finally finished my Autumn Reading List and this is the last book to be reviewed

Let's jump in.

Matched (Matched #1)
Published: 2010
369 Pages



Description: 
Cassia has always trusted the society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe so when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching Ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate....until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The society tells her its a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. Cassia begins to doubt the society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow..

Review
While I enjoyed this book, I didn't love it. It's an interesting storyline and is your average YA book. I feel there's so many of these type of books out there that it's hard to write something new. Most of the YA books that I have read are pretty much the same and this is no exception.

You have the different groups that everyone fits into, their government controls everything they do & there is always one that needs to rebel and cause trouble. The writing is missing something, I'm not sure what though, passion perhaps? The characters didn't feel like they had a proper personality. What ever it was I just can't put my finger on it. 

While I wasn't excited to keep turning the pages to find out what happen, I did want to finish it nonetheless. I will continue to read the series as I am curious to find out what happens.

My Rating: 3/5
Would I recommend: that's a tough question to answer as I did like it but it wasn't anything special. I'll go with yes. I liked it & you might as well.

If you're interested in this book, then you can buy one here :)

Have you read this series? If so what did you think of it?

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: This book was purchased by me with my own money. My opinion is 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment