stats

Thursday 1 August 2013

City of Bones Book Review!

Hey guys!

I mentioned in my Summer Reading List blog that I would do a review on the books that was listed so here's the first one for you :)

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones #1
Cassandra Clare
2009


Description: When fifteen-year old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder, much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons.

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadow-hunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours Clary is attacked by a demon and her mother disappears. The Shadow-hunters  are very interested in her.....

Review: I was pleasantly surprised by this book. You know how they say "don't judge a book by its cover"? Well Im not one to usually judge but I have to say on this occasion I did and the book cover didn't appeal to me one bit, but then I heard a movie was being made on it so I decided to put my judgement aside and I give it a go. Once you've read one of the YA books you've pretty much read them all but I'm glad I did. The storyline is average and easy to figure out, the relationship between Jace and Clary is cute and their humour is funny, leaving me actually laughing out loud. Rubbish ending but I guess that's the point as it leaves you wanting to read the second book.

My Rating: 7/10
Would I recommend?: Yes! 

Where else to find me:
Twitter: debbi2013
Instagram: debzter2012
Email: monday2485@gmail.com

FTC: This book was brought by me. I was not sponsored for this review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment